- ELIGIBILITY FOR EXAMINATIONS
At the end of every semester, Semester/term end examination would be held by the University as per the academic calendar schedule. All the candidates who have fulfilled the condition of attendance, internals as well as internship cum teaching Practice, shall be allowed to take examination, the concerned principal of the college /institution shall issue a certificate in the regard of the fulfillment of the conditions laid out for students and completion of syllabus.
- There shall be an examination called the semester examination at the end of each semester in the prescribed courses for students having undergone a regular course of Study College of education or in and the offside campuses. Examinations in the 1st and 3rd semester courses will be held ordinarily in the December and examination in the 2nd and 4th semester courses will be held ordinarily in the June every year or on such dates as may be approved by the Vice-Chancellor.
- A semester examination for the B.Ed Degree Program shall be open to the following categories of persons:
- A regular student i.e a person who has undergone a regular course of study in an affiliating college of education or in and the offside campuses for the period of specified for that course of study by having been on the rolls of the college immediately preceding the examination and has his/ her name submitted to the controller of examinations by the principal where he has pursued the course for the examination and fulfilled the following condition to be certified by the principal concerned:
- He has been a person of good conduct:
- He has attended not less than 80% of the lecturer delivered including seminars, tutorials etc. in each course offered by him in that semester:
- In the case of internship, he/she has attended not less than 90% of the internship.
- He has paid the prescribed fees.
- Ex- students i.e. persons who having undergone a regular course of study and having completed all conditions of eligibility for appearance in a course or courses in semester examination including minimum attendance requirement and having passed in seasonal work and having either failed to pass the semester examination in that course (s) or been unable to appear in the fail to pass the semester examination in that course( s) will be eligible to appear as a private candidate in a examination by submitting his application on the prescribed form along with prescribed fees to reach the controller of examination within the dates fixed for this purpose. The said candidate has to complete the course with all the components (theory papers as well as the internship) in minimum of the 5 years of the enrolment in the course. However, university guidelines for PG Semester System shall be applicable to the B.Ed candidates as well for the awarding of the internals in proportionate to the mark obtained in the theory examination for the reappear or private candidates.
- The exact date for the external examination as well as the evaluation of theory as well as for the internship shall be notified by the Controller of Examination in consultation with the principals of college.
The Examination shall be open to any person who: –
- Has been on the rolls of an affiliated (Permanent/Temporary) college for every semester.
- The examination shall be open to a person who has passed the bachelor’s degree examination in any Faculty of this university as recognized or an examination of any other University recognized as equivalent there to.
- Produces the following certificate signed by the Principal of the college he has:
- A good conduct and character.
- Of having completed 80% of attendance in each subject in theory and 90% for school internship in each semester.
- Of having school internship as per the norms laid down the same.
- Of having satisfactorily performed the work of the class.
- Enrolment in the next semester
Enrolment in the II, III,IV Semester course in B.Ed two year semester program shall be made on the prescribed forms to be filled up by every student seeking continuation of admission to the next semester.
- Enrolment for the II & IV Semester shall be completed by the Principal Concerned within 15 days from the date of termination of the I/III semester Examination and to the III semester within 15 days from the date the class work of III Semester starts.
- Provided that a late fee as per the notification issued from time to time shall be paid by each student seeking admission after the last prescribed date, up to 3 days maximum delay and thereafter no admission for continued enrolment shall be made.
Not with standing anything contained above the Vice-Chancellor shall be competent to alter the above schedule of continued enrolment.
- Shortage of Attendance & Condoning the shortage:
The principal in consultation of managing committee may condone shortages of a student in attendance in a semester for special reasons, to be recorded in writing, up to 6% of the lectures delivered. But the internship part is to be done by the student, for which no condoning is effective. The internship is compulsory.
- A student, whose deficiency in lecturers in a course is not condoned by the principal in consultant of managing committee or is not condonable, shall not be eligible to appear in the semester examination in the B.Ed course.
- On Duty
A student who participates in games, cultural and other co-curricular activities, as defined below with a prior approval of the principal in consultation of managing committee concerned. Such students for the purpose of condoning deficiency in attendances incurred by him/her on account of the participation in the inter university/interstate/regional/meet/national meet, be treated as present on all the working days during the days of his/her absence on such account for a period not exceeding 08 working days in a semester for the theory papers but not for the internship: –
- State representation in international/ All India Competitions organized by agencies which are recognized by the board of sports and youth welfare:
- Participation in inter-University Competitions held under the auspices of university or any other recognized institution as a member of the university team:
- Participation in inter-Collegiate Competitions organized by the university as a member of the terms of participating institution:
- Participation in the N.C.C, N.S.S. and national integration Samitis activities as a member of recognized institution:
- Participation in the Coaching Camps/Reahearsales prior to participation as a member of state or university team in the national/ all India/ inter-university Competition:
- Participation in the mountaineering/Hiking/Trekking/ Sking/Rock-climbing or other such activities organized under the auspices of the state government/university as a member of the institution affiliated/recognized by the university.
Notwithstanding anything contained in these statutes, the syndicate shall have the power to exclude any candidate from appearing in any examination if it is satisfied after issuing a show-cause notice to the candidate and holding an inquiry, that such a candidate is not a fit person to be admitted there to.
The examination is continuous process and the formative and summative techniques would be used to complete the process of examination. The semester End or the term end examination would be held in the following components.
- Theory Papers
- Teaching Practice Cum Internship.
5.1 Theory Examination:
The theory comprises of the core subject and the content cum methodology papers irrespective of the weight age of the credits for it. The theory examination will be held as per the university Date-Sheet at the designated center and students need to write the examination as per rules and regulations of the university. The Unit- IV in all the theory subjects deals with the sessional work which is to be a part of internship. The sessional work shall constitute the content for theory examination as well as for the internship. But for the theory examination, the entire sessional work is also to figure for the written theoretical examination candidates will require a minimal of 40% marks for passing the theory examination.
5.2 INTERNSHIP CUM TEACHING PRACTICE EXAMINATION:
It is continuous assessment of the student performance in the classroom and outside the classroom. In the school internship, 4 weeks are to be devoted to school based related activities and 16 weeks are to be devoted to practice teaching and the other activities of the school like all the routine work of the full teacher. The trainees are expected to work as full time teachers during this period. The internship taken up in schools would be fully recorded in the form of reflective journal (RJ). The reflective journal is to be compendium of all the activities of the student teacher which he/she would perform/enact in the classroom in the practicing school/on a field trip/ performing any community service etc.
In case of the non sufficient time in completing the internship, the internship activities including the teaching practice may be taken up in the inter semester break. RJ is to be properly recorded and preserved by the student teacher.
All the activities performed need to be authenticated either by the principal and the teacher in charge of the Group/individual student. All the activities performed during the internship programme form semester I to semester IV would be documented in the reflective journal. The activities which can’t be documented in writing must be photographed through timed videography (CD/DVD evidence to be appended). On the proper competition and its authentication by the concerned College Faculty, the External Examiner cum Observers would undertake the external evaluation of the students submitted by the University for the Award of the grades. All the activities performed under internship need to evaluated and awarded with marks which would be converted into grades as per the formula charted out at 16. Besides, other activities of the internship, the following activities are must & can’t be Academic Coordination Committee (ACC) of the college.
- SCHEME OF EVALUATION:
- (A) Theory External Evaluation:
The evaluation of the student teachers would be done continuously throughout stay in the college. The theory paper would be evaluated out of 60 marks through external evaluators as per the guidelines and value point as decided by the University.
- (B) Internal Assessment:
Internal assessment marks are 40. The 5 marks are to be awarded for the attendance percentage which student teacher has earned in proportion to the number of the classes attended for each subject. The attendance record is to be maintained on daily basis and the Academic Coordination Committee Should Observe its Objectivity as well as malpractices be notified.
The other 5 marks are to objectively awarded on the bases of observation which a teacher educator would do for each student as per procedure. The following activities are to be basis other than many other activities which Acc may authorize the college, for awarding5 marks to the students teacher.
- Peer leadership (Behavioral): taking up the challenges of leading other (leading in discussion in classroom, making others to join the group talk etc. peer reformist) 1 mark.
- Social Responsible (social) – Takes the social causes as the personal responsibility be it the Clean India, Green India, Traffic management, HIV awareness etc. 1 mark.
- Technology use in teaching learning- makes use of the technological intervention in teaching learning process rather the conventional method of banking on the books which is helpful in the curriculum transaction. 1 marks.
- Environment friendly
- – protects the trees and encourages other to do so; involves in the clean water and air campaigns which benefits the society and the class. 1 marks
- Co- curricular contributor – member of the different in house academic activity like member of the editorial Team, a poet/ singer/painter/dance etc. /any other such activity which may be helpful in conduct of the teaching in the classroom.
Besides to it, 20 marks are meant for the internals. The internals includes test/tests and the tutorial/ seminar/ on spot question etc. it is based upon 1 mark answer, which is to be written as a very short Answer. The test activity can be held twice in one semester with 5 marks each. The teacher educator will maintain the feedback exhibiting the performance. There is chance to improve upon the score.
The other 10 marks will constitute the activity of semester/ tutorial/ on spot question etc. activity (involving student teacher application of knowledge and learning of the curriculum). Both of the activities are to be constructed objectively and should be in accordance of the syllabus in hand. The record properly documented is to be shown for each student, if asked, by the ACC for the inspection purposes or by the student teacher. The proper justification of its value points is to be done very clearly.
6.2(C) INTERNSHIP CUM TEACHING PRACTICE.
- Internship Cum teaching practice at the end of every semester is to evaluated on the value points. At the end of the 4th semester, the internship of all the four semester is to be reflected through Reflective Journal. The Unit-IV in all the subjects for the theory Deal with sessional work which also constitutes internship.
- The subjects offered by the students at the graduation and post graduation levels will from the basis for the selection of both Content cum Methodology Paper at B.Ed. level.
- The teaching Practice will take place in two semesters
(3rd & 4th) for the two subjects selected by the student teacher in the IInd semester. The teacher in charge /teacher educator would observe the lesson on the five point scale (Very Satisfactory, Satisfactory, Average, Needs Amendments, Re-teaching)
“Very Satisfactory” is such a delivery of lesson which has the unison of content and pedagogy as per the plan drawn out and the teaching aids are innovative and naturalized adopted to the needs of teaching.
“Satisfactory” delivery of lesson means which has the complete unison of content and pedagogy as per the plan drawn out and the teaching aids are cost effective and are suited to the needs of teaching.
The “Average” delivery of lession means which has the complete unison of constant and pedagogy as per the plan drawn out and the teaching aids are not required but are used/ enforced upon (out of place) in context of teaching.
“Needs Amendments” is such a delivery where the content and pedagogy parallelism is missing.
The “Re-Teaching” delivery of lesson is to happen when the teaching of the constant is wrong / the pedagogy applied is not as per the requirement of the content/ the student teacher style of teaching lacks confidence in handling the content, methodology as well as the class.
- The awarding of teaching practice component [50 lessons in each subject (30+10+8+2) lessons), [10 constructivism + 8 on spot +2 criticism lesson] is to be done out of 60 marks [internal] out of 100 marks allotted for each subject where as 40 marks are to be awarded by the examiner through ACC.
- The External Examiners appointed by the Hon’ble Vice Chancellor is to award 40 marks on the basis of:
1. interviewing the student teacher on the basis of the pedagogy undertaken 5 marks.
2. The effectiveness of the technology used (RJ reflections in this context are to be properly documented) 5 marks.
3. Any Innovation done while teaching for the learning among the students (Transaction Ease). (Authenticated in RJ by the respective teacher) 10 marks
4. Any report of Misbehavior/ Use of Corporal Punishment during teaching (-5 marks)
5. Use of Cost effective/waste material products used as aids/ homemade aids (minimum 20). 10 marks.
6. Social Behavior and responsibility (to share the resources, Helpfulness, Courteousness to the students). 5 Marks
6.1 D A candidate for the degree of bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) must have:
A. Completed two semesters (the first semester and the second semester) for the school internship as given in the syllabus and must have requiste the attendance as per the status to go for the next year internship.
B. In case the candidate is exempted of / relaxation in the internship. All the candidates pursing B.Ed program, hereby to be known as “Student Teacher/ Trainees”/ Interns of the B.Ed.
C. Completed a course of internship extending over four Semesters to the satisfaction of the Principal of the college in which the candidate is studying.
|First Semester (August- December) INT 1|
|Visit Cum Observation to||2 Weeds||2||50|
|Aganwadi (neighboring center)||2 Days||8|
|Nursery School (Observation of 5 Lessons)||2 Days||8|
|DIET (7 wings)||2 Days||8|
|Innovative Center (Pry & Middle Schools)||2 Days||8|
|Pry School (Observation of 5 Lessons)||2 Days||8|
|Second Semester (Jan – June) INT 2|
|Visit Cum Observation to||2 Weeds||2||50|
|High School (Observation of 8 Lessons)||4 Days||15|
|Hr. Secondary Schools (Observation of 5 Lessons)||4 Days||15|
|SIE (7 Branches) (Observation of 2 Lessons)||2 Days||10|
|Innovative Center||2 Days||10|
|Third Semester (Jan – June) INT 3|
|Internship Cum Teaching Practice||8 Wks||10||250|
|School Internship (all mentioned activates to be performed as per clause No. 5.II||8 wks||2||50|
|Teaching Practice (TP1A) comprises of delivery of 40 Lessons on one chosen subject in addition to 20 lessons (10 on spot lessons- 8 Observation lesson of the peers and 2 Criticism Lessons)||8 wks||4||100(60 internal + 40 external)|
|Teaching Practice (TP1A) comprises of delivery of 40 Lessons on other chosen subject in addition to 20 lessons (10 on spot lessons+ 8 Observation lesson of the peers and 2 Criticism Lessons)||8 wks||4||100 (60 internal + 40 external)|
|Fourth Semester (Jan – June) INT 4|
|Internship Cum Teaching Practice||8 Wks||10||250|
|School Internship (all mentioned activates to be performed as per clause No. 5.II||8 Wks||10||50|
|Teaching Practice (TP1A) comprises of delivery of 40 Lessons on one chosen subject in addition to 20 lessons (10 on spot lessons- 8 Observation lesson of the peers and 2 Criticism Lessons)||8 Wks||2||100 (60 internal + 40 external)|
|Teaching Practice (TP2A) comprises of delivery of 40 Lessons on other chosen subject in addition to 20 lessons (10 on spot lessons+ 8 Observation lesson of the peers and 2 Criticism Lessons)||8 Wks||4||100 (60 internal + 40 external)|